Saturday

Cowboy Western Styles and Ideas

When I was asked to do a western style wedding cake, I really didn't know what to put on it, but the first thing that came to mind was the tooled leather designs, that are everywhere here in Oklahoma.  So I did some research, again, I cannot stress enough "Do your research" and I found some designs online.  I was working with Edible Photos at the time, so I used my photo program and made some strips of tooled leathers that I really liked and then printed them off onto the edible paper.  I cut the strips out and after placing them onto the sides of the buttercream cake, I used a plastic tool and just embedded the designs into the buttercream.  It worked like magic and actually looked like the real thing!  So here are some of the different ways I used the strips for different designs and different cakes.




And here are some of the strips I use.



The following cakes are some just for fun cowboys and cowboy stuff.








4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07

    I have been all over the internet looking for the western mats. Can you tell us where we can find them. aasmith22@tntech.edu. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just saved my day!!! I was on here researching how to get the tooled leather look, and you answered it! It is so much easier than I thought it was going to be too!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40

    Wanted to let you know about this.
    PhotoFrost is sponsoring a wedding cake contest from Jan.1-Feb.29. We want your creative ideas.The winner will receive a Zing electronic cutter($399 value) and have there cake featured in the March issue of ACD magazine.There will be other prizes as well. Here is a link with all the details http://photofrost.com/contest/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. I just wanted to help others who were looking for ideas for western/cowboy and native american themed cake ideas. When I first started doing this, I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything at all that was authentic so I had to wing it. I wanted to be able to help and I'm so glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete

Wedding Sheet Cakes

These are all full sheet cakes with and without toppers.  Except for the cake with the edible photo on it, which is a half sheet ...